Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick fix breaded chicken strips

Okay, I made this the other day in about 30 minutes and my family loved it.

I needed to make something healthy that my children would eat and had not thawed out any meat or planned anything and this has now become a quick meal staple in my house. Hope you will try it too when you have no time for preperation!

Italian Breaded Chicken Fillets

2 lbs boneless chicken fillets
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
4 cups water
2 TBS Olive Oil


Bring four cups of water to a boil then remove from heat. Place frozen chicken fillets in water for 15 min. While chicken fillets are soaking, prepare oil in skillet and put on med-high heat to warm. Put bread crumbs on plate and use tongs to dip chicken on both sides and coat. Put chicken in hot oil in skillet and let brown and crisp on both sides turning occaisionally with tongs for about 15 to 20 minutes on med heat.



I prepared penne pasta with shredded Mexican style cheese as a side and steamed broccoli and the kids loved every bite! Whole meal took me 30-40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Since this post I have made an addition to the recipe. I coat the chicken with Italian Salad Dressing before coating it with bread crumbs. It keeps the chicken very moist/juicy.

    ReplyDelete