This soup was delicious. I was really surprised because I think of squash as a little bland if you don't season it up and there wasn't much seasoning other than salt, pepper and ginger in this. I think the combination of the spices with the apple juice and broth and an entire onion is what made it so good. It turned out to be a rich and creamy bisque, not different than baked potato soup, but it definitely had a kick to it from the ginger I think. I did use powdered ginger due to the lack of having any fresh, but I think next time I will try fresh to see if the taste changes a bit. My children didn't care for it, but I think because they generally don't like squash and just didn't want to really try it. At first my three-year old said it was "yummy" but I will warn you, this soup is not good cold so eat it while it's hot!
I recommend eating this with a baguette or some cheese toast, it is a really good dipping soup. Crackers I don't think would do it justice, must be bread. I will surely make this one again, as my husband and I loved it. Thanks to Woman's Day magazine for this great recipe!
No comments:
Post a Comment