Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Daniel Fast

I have been reading a book by Donna Partow titled "Being the Woman God Wants Me to Be" and though I do not agree with everything Donna suggests through this 90-Day renewal guide, I do respect her as an author and as a Christian woman. She has some great advise about how to eat healthy, budget your money and even how to start your own home-based business, but the most important point Donna makes in this book is that above all other things, you need to have a personal relationship with God and make time alone with him every day. My next several blog entries are going to be based on my husband and I trying The Daniel Fast diet. This diet was suggested by Partow in the book as a good way to kick-start a diet and detox your body and glorify God. We tried it and loved much of the new foods we ate or the basic foods we forgot were so good, like vegetable soup. I hope you will check my posts for some great meals that will not only help you loose weight, but make you feel great and they actually taste delicious, which seems odd for a diet with the name "fast" in it. Come back again and this week to see some interesting new recipes and tips for a great way to jump-start your diet, while gaining some perspective into a great story from the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment