Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Experimental Camping Apple Cobbler

It's been a while since my first entry and I do apologize, but I am a busy lady! Today I am going to give you a recipe for a delicious apple cobbler that you can make virtually ANYWHERE, including over a campfire.

This past weekend we went camping with our church congregation at the lake and on Saturday night we had a huge potluck dinner. I prepared two dishes that I had never made before, which some would say is risky business. I made campfire bread and apple cobbler. Today I am going to share the recipe with you for the apple cobbler. This recipe is not my own, I actually found it on a great website for campfire cooking. You will need a dutch oven to bake the cobbler in.

Ingredients:
2 Box white cake mix
2 cans of cream soda
1/2 cup of butter (melted)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
5 medium Jonathan apples (peeled and cut into wedges)
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbs. Flour

Directions:
Peel and cut up your apples first. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, apples, butter and flour together. Pour the apple mixture in the bottom of a dutch oven. In a large mixing bowl, combine both cake mixes and both cans of cream soda and mix until smooth. Pour the cake mixture over the apple mixture put the lid on and cook over a fire for 45 minutes or until it no longer jiggles.

This cobbler is very sweet and more of a cake than a pie as far as the crust goes, but it is delicious and super easy and can be made in an over, on a stove or over a fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment