Review:
I made this as a potluck dish when I had never made it before which I do not recommend, but in this case, it was great so feel free to take this dish to any potluck, first time or not, because I don't think you can mess this one up gals!
The cobbler was very cake-like rather than the traditional cobbler made with pie crust. I like that the fruit is on the bottom like a surprise because when you look at the top of this cake in the dutch oven, you cannot tell there is anything under the cake. You can substitute my apple mix for any pie filling you like and it will work. The cream soda really gave the cake a rich vanilla flavor and kept it very moist even though you must bake it about 45 minutes or it won't be done in the center. This would be a great dessert for camping or a small family gathering with few ingredients and very little prep. time. I give this recipe a thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment